The World Turns To Ice

Saturday 11 February 2012

Winter Turns to Summer all in One Day






Our green Winter has turned to white. We have had snow this week and last night was the coldest recorded this season, -16C in places. I was supposed to be travelling today but cancellations were threatened, roads are icy and trains are delayed so I have decided to work from home. This year I am studying 'Shakespeare' with the Open University and I shall spend this frozen day imagining Summer as I disappear into the world of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.


Coincidently, I have been asked to enter work into an exhibition based upon a theme of  'We are such stuff as dreams are made on...', from 'The Tempest', for showing during the Ledbury Poetry Festival in June. I shall, therefore, proclaim this as my year of the Bard and visit the theatre as often as possible for inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment