The World Turns To Ice

Saturday 6 August 2011

The Poetry Vessel makes progress

Way back in the month of May I started my new venture, three dimensional textile vessels (see blog post 'The Poetry Vessel'. I have been working on adding colour and stitching the piece together - which believe me with five layers of gesso and several layers of acrylic paint and ink was not an easy task. I am nearly ready to go on to the next phase after I have done a few tweaks.  Here are the before colouring and after pictures:

Before:

After:






Now I can get to the interesting bit which involves wire, tyvek, burning, calligraphy...............and probably other techniques/materials that I haven't even thought of yet. Already my head is full of thoughts for other vessels too. Its good to feel inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment